Hall Magnetic Switch With Battery Redundancy
We have a new Hall sensor magnetic Switch which can be linked up to two batterys to safe gaurd your system. It works by detecting if there is any fault or voltage drop in any battery in use and if it does, it will revert power feed to the other battery, clever eh?
Installation & Use: -
Place the switch as close to the fuselage or wing surface as possible and
mark where the sensor is located on the outside (Sensor marked “S” on the
PCB). Use a piece of double sided tape and/or a piece of sponge to hold the
switch in place. When the switch is plugged into the power supply for the
first time it will turn on. To turn the switch off place the supplied magnet
over the sensor for 3 seconds without interruption and the output will turn
OFF. TIP: count 1, 1000, 2, 1000, 3, 1000.
To turn the magnetic switch ON just swipe the magnet over the sensor.
Please ensure a full range check of the model is undertaken prior to use
• Battery Backer - both battery packs are used simultaneously, if a
battery fails or goes under voltage the switch will disconnect that
battery from the circuit, if it recovers, the switch will re-engage it.
• Positively switched – Ideal for electric models, esc safe, there’s no need
for an opto isolator.
• Battery Indication LED's. These LED's let you know if either
battery is NOT connected also the ON/OFF status.
• Sense LED - Lights up when the Magnet is being detected.
• Surface mounted components.
• Customisable switch off (Sample) time (On request).
• Safe and reliable : -
1. Default ON - if the battery is disconnected and then reconnected the
output will turn on every time. I.e. brownout due to bad battery
2. The magnetic switch is programmed to sample the magnet over the
sensor for a set period of time without interruption and only then will
it turn the output off.
3. Extremely resilient to magnetic interference due to the switches
microcontroller that is programmed with an algorithm (2).
Quiescent (standby current) only 4µA
A charged 2000mAh battery can last
over 8 years.
Note: Swipe ON/OFF version also
available. Version Marked on back
side of label.
Supply Voltage 4V to 13V- 3sLipo, or 4s Life
Dropout voltage (Input vs output) 120mV @10.2A
Continuous Operating current - ~ 20A for seconds
Peak Output current - ~ 50A Peak
Standby Current (Off State) - ~ 4µA
Operating temperature range -40°C +80°C
Dimensions 37mm x 22mm x ~8mm
(1.456" x 0.866" x ~0.315")
Total cable length (Each) Varies
Weight Including all cables - Varies