Hall Magnetic Pico Switch Plus
New Pico Plus range, smaller with even less battery drain than before, Standby Current (Off State): - ~ 5μA
This Hall Magnetic Switch is produced in the UK by one of T9's selected specialists, and has been designed for simple but secure operation with the supplied magnet. Ideal for when access is limited or time consuming. (Don't we all just love taping nose cones on, and messing with recalcitrant canopies ...... ! )
Fobs for the magnet provided can be found at this link: Magnet Fob
- Our intelligent Magnetic Switch knows what state it’s in, If the battery is disconnected with the switch in its off state, it will remember this for Seconds. If the battery is disconnected when turned ON, the switch will be default ON when reconnected.
- Our switches have an interactive feature - The LED flashes under normal use, when the magnet is placed over the active area, the LED goes solid "ON" as the magnet is sensed, as soon as the timer has counted 3 seconds the LED goes "OFF" and gives a confirmation FLASH until the magnet is moved away.
- 3 SECOND version - Under normal working conditions (ON STATE) the LED flashes reducing the current consumption of the switch.
- Swipe version - The Blue LED is on constant until turned OFF.
- Our magnetic switch utilizes a Hall Effect Sensor (no mechanical switching parts). Careful firmware design ensures that stray magnetic fields cannot toggle the switch incorrectly; we guarantee 99.9% operating under normal conditions.
- Positively switched – Ideal for electric models, esc safe, there’s no need for an opto isolator.
- Safe and reliable: -
Default ON – if the battery is disconnected (whilst in its ON State) and then reconnected the output will turn ON 99.9% of the time. I.e. brownout due to bad battery connection. The magnetic switch is programmed to sample the magnet over the sensor for a set time period without interruption and only then will it turn the output OFF. Extremely resilient to magnetic interference due to the switches micro-controller that is programmed with an algorithm. We use the highest quality components and our products are not made down to a price.
Installation & Use: -
"3 Second" Version - When the switch is plugged into the power supply for the first time the output will turn on and the LED will flash. Note: the LED is Solid ON, on the SWIPE version. Place the switch as close to the fuselage or wing surface as possible. To locate the sensor simply sweep over the predicted sensor location, when the switch senses the magnet the LED will go solid (ON) indicating the perfect position. Use a marker pen and mark where the sensor is located and use a piece of double-sided tape and/or a piece of sponge to hold the switch in place. To turn the switch off, place the supplied magnet over the sensor and the LED will go solid (ON) then count for 3 seconds or more without interruption the output will then turn OFF and the LED will flash to confirm until the magnet is moved away.
The "Swipe" version - Simply swipe the magnet over the sensor (slowly) to turn the output ON/OFF. Please allow 1.5 seconds between turning the switch OFF and then ON again.
3 Second Sample: To turn the switch OFF count
1, 1000, 2, 1000, 3, 1000.
To turn the magnetic switch ON just swipe the magnet over the sensor.
Swipe: To turn the magnetic switch ON/OFF just swipe the magnet over the sensor.
Please ensure a full range check of the model is undertaken prior to use.
Supply Voltage 3V - 14.5v (3s Li-po, 4s Life)
Dropout voltage (Input vs output) 100mV @10.2A
22AWG - ~7A Max ~14A for seconds.
20AWG(+) - ~14A Max ~20A for seconds.
The semiconductor can withstand ~50A Max peak
Standby Current (Off State) - ~4µA
Operating temperature range -40°C +80°C
Dimensions 25.2 x 11.5 x 6mm (0.992” x 0.452” x 0.236”)
Total cable length Approx 230mm (9.0551”)
Weight Including all cables - ~ 9g (0.32oz)
Our data sheet can be changed at any time without prior notice.
Reversing the polarity of the supply WILL harm the switch.
Please don’t remove the protective heat shrink covering.
Doing so will void any warranty
- Supply Voltage: 3V - 8.7V
- Dropout voltage (Input vs output): 100mV @10.2A
- Continuous Operating current: ~ 20A
- Peak Output current: ~ 50A
- Standby Current (Off State): - ~ 5μA
- Operating temperature range: -40°C 80°C
- 27 x 11.5 x 6mm (1.06” x 0.45” x 0.23”)
- Total cable length approx 280mm (11.0236”)
- Weight including all cables: ~ 9g (0.32oz)