Dream Flight Alula Trek
Now in stock at T9 is the Dream-Flight Alula Trek. The Alula Evo was dearly missed when it was removed from sale over 2 years ago, but the nice guys from Dream-flight decided to produce new tooling and now we have the Alula Trek, just intime for summer ;)
DESIGNED TO GO WHEREVER INSPIRATION TAKES YOU!
The alula-TREK is the latest version of the the world's most popular bird-inspired RC glider. The ultra lightweight and packable airframe is perfect for travel and exploration, assembling in minutes without glue! Whether at a a coastal dune, mountain ridge, or your local park- the only limit is your soaring imagination. Spend less time building and more time outside flying, with the Dream-Flight alula-TREK.
*Our development goals for the Alula-TREK were very aggressive as we strive to extract the highest quality and level of performance from our materials. We have pushed the limits of manufacturing and material tolerances in an effort to create the most advanced Alula yet. As a result, we have a glider with a slightly broader weight range than what is printed on the manual and kit box (current weight specifications are shown below). This is the nature of product development and we do our best to project some of the finer details, but sometimes the target is a moving one. While the specifications have changed slightly for this preliminary production run, we are happy to share the quality and in-air performance of the Alula-TREK has not diminished 1%.
Minimum radio requirements: 2 channel elevon mixing with dual rates and/or ATV (Adjustable Throw Volume) with micro RX and servos.
*Kit requires assembly. Kit Includes complete hardware package for basic lightweight assembly.
(Radio gear, tools and adhesives not included)
New Kit Features:
- Durable quality molded ARCEL™ foam airframe manufactured in the USA! Ensures fast consistent and easy assembly. No covering material required.
- Thermo-formed belly skid for landing protection.
- Quick-assembly kit can be built in one evening with little glue. Say goodbye to the taping blues!
- Modular airframe can be built as one piece for maximum durability or collapsible with our original magnet lock system for easy travel and storage.
- Integrally molded control surfaces for minimum weight and building ease.
- New wing design with fully encapsulated carbon-fiber joiner rod and easy-install carbon-fiber wing spars.
- Further refined design.
- Complete hardware package includes ultra-light linkages carbon-fibre pushrods decals and more!
- Detailed construction manual (of course if youve built a few of these you may not even need it!)
Alula Glider Specifications:
Flight Characteristics: Light and buoyant flier for flatland and small slopes.
Wingspan: 35.4 in (900mm)
Wing area: 259 sq.in (16.7 sq.dm)
Weight range: 5.5 - 6 oz (156-170 gm)
Wing Loading: 3.2-3.3 oz/sq.ft (9.3-10.2 gm/sq.dm)
Wind Range: 0-15 mph
Skill level: Novice to expert
Kit building time: 1 - 2 hours