Art Hobby Vortex ET 2.5 Metre Glider
The Vortex flying weight with out ballast is approx. 900 grams (31.6 oz.) With additional ballast of 500-700g it will reveal its full speed potential. It features the MH32/30 airfoil that was specially modified for this sailplane, the benefits of that are a very wide range of speed and good thermal abilities. Vortex wing could be built with ailerons and flaps or only with the ailerons if desired by the builder.
- 2.4 GHz friendly composite fuselage pod is made of few layers of fiber glass with glass roving and carbon fiber reinforcements for extra strength. It has removable canopy for easy access to the radio gear and V-shaped wing saddle with molded in nuts for the wing mounting bolts.
- Tapered tail boom is made of carbon fiber/glass composite.
- Wing cores are precision cut from white polystyrene foam, and the black poplar veneer is bonded to the foam with aircraft industry grade epoxy in high pressure molds for perfect airfoil fidelity and a warp-free wing.
- Glass/carbon composite vertical stabilizer has buit inlinkage forand horizontal stabilizer mount.
- Horizontal stabilizer with pre-hingedelevator and rudderare are made from balsa and fully laminated with light weight fiber glass cloth for stiffness and durability.
Model components, all necessary hardware, plans and step by step instructions.
2500 mm / 98.4 in.
~1375 mm / 54.1 in.
685 g / 24 oz.
39.53 dm2 / 612.7 sq.in
Optima-6, Optima-7, RX700, RDS8000
HS-65MG, HS-5065MG, HS-85MG
1600-2200 mAh, 4.8 - 6V
or 2200 2S LiPo