New for 2011 the Expert design makes for a very nice looking pair of RC sunglasses - and they pack a high specification too. Some of the key features are:
- lightweight wrap-around frame
- Frame made from a tough TR90 composite
- 3 x interchangeable lens sets for different light conditions
- Lenses have vent cut-outs for anti-fogging
- Adjustable nose clip
- Revo-style titanium layered polarised red mirror lens provides superb optical definition
- Carry case cleaning cloth and head / neck securing strap included as standard
Finished in a highly attractive matt black and orange colour scheme the frames have rubberised tips for comfort. Being extremely light and thanks to a slight flex that makes the glasses fit most sizes and shapes of head well Expert are very comfortable to wear. The frame is made from TR90 a plastic composite material famous for being virtually bullet-proof and thus superior to the more common polycarbonate.
The Expert frame benefit's from an adjustable rubber nose clip which can be narrowed or widened to exactly fit the wearers requirements.
Made from an extremely robust and shatterproof polycarbonate all lenses bundled with Expert are made to very high optical standards. Three sets of lenses are provided as standard and these are as follows:
- Category 0 light-enhancing. For use on dull or cloudy days.
- Category 2 beige polarised. For use on fairly bright or changeable days.
- Category 3 red Frostech polarised mirror for use on bright / sunny days.
- Note: All lenses are 100% UVA / UVB protected.
The Category 3 lens is packed with features. Apart from having a red mirror polarised finish this lens set also has built-in titanium layers that block up to 97% of the Infra red part of the spectrum thus increasing visual clarity and definition whilst protecting the wearers eyes when used at altitude (where IR is at it's most severe). This makes them the perfect choice for alpine RC soaring. All lenses supplied with Expert are anti-scratch coated and decentred which means the possible distorting effects of placing a curved lens in front of your eyes are calibrated out at the manufacturing stage.
Expert are supplied with a lint-free cleaning cloth head / neck securing strap and carry case as standard. The case has internal pouches for storing the extra lenses plus a belt fixing catch and loops.
All RC Modelglasses conform to EN1836 and Z80.3 regulations. In order to comply with the US regulations a sample from every batch is subjected to a drop-test (impact test) at the manufacturing stage to ensure their strength. Expert offer 100% UVA / UVB protection and also 97% infrared protection with the Category 3 lens fitted.br />