BELI-ZELL 10 Minute Polyurethane Adhesive 14.5gm
BELI-ZELL. Tube with screw cap - contents 14.5g
Adhesives named BELI-ZELL are ready to use, 1-component polyurethane glues.
The adhesives were especially developed for industrial applications and additionally adapted to the needs for model making.
BELI-ZELL is a new generation PU adhesive containing isocyanates, and demonstrates an incredible adhesive performance.
With 10 minute setting time it's ideal for use in the field or for quick repairs. You can use a precise quantity from the tubes applicator and is therefore very economical - an advantage over many one part PU's which usually goes off in the pot.
BELI-ZELL expands and therefore excellent for gap filling and shock resistance plus it's not brittle like epoxy or cyano when cured.
BELI-ZELL is great for:
- Putting around pushrod tubes
- Sticking in servos
- Fixing inserts for bracing top and bottom skins in servo wells
- Fitting ballast tubes
- Securing weights in the nose
- Firmly locating batteries
- basically anything that needs an expanding glue.
Excellent for foam incl EPP. (Use to repair Multiplex Epalor) also carbon, glassfibre, metal, wood and fabrics.
BELI-ZELL is suitable for use with almost any material, as well as traditional and modern materials.
- Bonds identical and different materials to each other.
- The joint surfaces of the assembly parts can vary from rough to smooth.
- Open porous materials (foams, expanded polystyrene, wood) up to closed porous materials (metals, glassfibre / carbonfibre laminates) can be bonded safely.
- Layers of fabrics can be used to make sandwich materials or to reinforce constructions, e.g. a foam-fabric-balsa sandwich or wings planked with balsa/obeche and glass or carbon fabric as reinforcement.
- Many materials, which commonly need primers, will be bonded reliably in most cases by BELI-ZELL - however a pilot test is recommended in such cases.
- Cured BELI-ZELL is completely waterproof.
- BELI-ZELL fills cracks and small gaps between the assembly parts, without additional fillers. Thus the joint surfaces need not to be close-fitting. Gaps are very common with broken foams parts.
- BELI-ZELL contains no solvents, diamine or fillers
- Small amounts go a long way - the adhesive expands 3 to 4 times of its original volume. 14.5 gram BELI-ZELL equals about 35 gram balsa cement
- The bonding joint can be easily reworked and sanded after curing.
- No additional kicker accelerators necessary (e.g. with super glues)
- BELI-ZELL is applicable in a wide temperature range.
- Service temperature between -40°C up to 80°C and a short time at 100°C
- The bonding joint does not soften at high temperatures as with 5-minute epoxy adhesives.
- Reliable bonding even at a high temperature.
- Very light adhesive, average density 0,25 - 0,33g/cm3 (epoxy adhesives without fillers about 1,3 - 2,0g/cm3)
- The bonding joint remains flexible, which is preferable with elastic material like foams. No glass hard or brittle spots, which occur regularly when using super glues or epoxy adhesives. When bonding hard material, like metal only a little amount of BELI-ZELL is needed. This thin film bonding results in an effective joint between the assembly parts.
- Even if the same spots needs to be repaired repeatedly, the quality of the bonding joint does not decline unlike super glues or 5-minute epoxy adhesives.
- Good value since only a small amount of BELI-ZELL is needed. A 14.5gm tube of BELI-ZELL goes a long way.
- Cured BELI-ZELL shows a finely pored surface, and can make good spares for missing or broken parts - especially for models made of foam
- No mixing necessary hence no mixing errors.
- Precision applicator makes the application of BELI-ZELL easy and prevents wrong dosing.
BELI-ZELL standard pot life is 10-15 minutes.
Pot life and curing time of BELI-ZELL is easily adjustable by the user.
Use of BELI-ZELL Kicker significantly reduces pot life and curing time by a factor of 2-3.